The main services provided by Alexander Forbes Group Holdings and its subsidiaries (“Alexander Forbes Group”) include:
- Consulting services in relation to retirement funds and assets;
- Actuarial consulting, investment and administration services;
- Consulting services in relation to employee risk benefits and healthcare;
- Multi-manager investment and platform solutions;
- Financial advice for individuals; and
- Personal lines insurance.
The Alexander Forbes Group’s primary institutional clients include employers, retirement funds, corporates, medical aid schemes, unions and organised labour, the public sector and small to medium sized enterprises. Its primary retail clients include individual members and beneficiaries of retirement funds.
The Alexander Forbes Group’s principal geographic focus is sub-Saharan Africa, from where it has been operating since 1935, particularly Namibia and Botswana as these countries have similar employee benefits legislative frameworks to South Africa. The majority of the Alexander Forbes Group’s operating income (93 per cent.) and operating profit (97 per cent.) is derived from South Africa. The Alexander Forbes Group also has a growing presence in Eastern Africa, specifically Uganda and Zambia, and in Nigeria.